Typhoon Armament Technician Supervisor
Typhoon Armament Technician Supervisor
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF and Royal Saudi Naval Force personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons.
BAE Systems Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudisation and the training and development of Saudi National capability through the growth of the Saudi National Partner Companies thereby reinforcing Industrialisation and Partnerships.
This role is responsible for carrying out Armament maintenance activities and supervising the Consolidation Training of assigned RSAF Technicians in support of the RSAF Typhoon Flying programme and generating aircraft to achieve the contracted Operational Ready Rates in accordance with best industry practice, BAE Systems procedures, the Maintenance Organisation Exposition and the RSAF Regulatory Framework.
The Job Holder is accountable for the following:
- Raising TPRFs against approved data;
- Assist with raising TQs for any aircraft related anomalies;
- Support the work centre Supervisor in ensuring shift handovers are accurate;
- Adhering to tool control procedures;
- Adhering to the use of only approved data;
- Carrying out good husbandry practices;
- Provide 100% supervision to assigned RSAF Trainee Technicians at level ‘A’
- Provide and Supervise consolidation training and mentoring to assigned RSAF personnel leading to the award of 1st signature (Technician);
- Provide Training Guidance and mentoring of nominated RSAF personnel leading to the award of 2nd (Supervisor) signature;
- Providing Supervisory 2nd Signature (over sign) for engineering and maintenance tasks carried out by the RSAF in support of consolidation training on operational aircraft.
- Maintain accurate log books for the assigned RSAF technician.
- Liaise with RSAF and PC management in order to identify any training opportunities or to highlight any potential training shortfalls.
- Support the production of monthly progress reports to identify training progression.
- Assist the training cell by providing additional training and supervision to RSAF and PC personnel (to include but not limited to) Flight Line servicing, aircraft tow duties etc.
- Providing trade cover for the flight line hit team troubleshooting and fixing crew in faults.
- Depending on experience, the post holder may be required to be authorised to undertake independent inspections of Safety Critical Systems (3rd Signature responsibility).
- Deputise for the work centre trade supervisor during periods of leave, or absence.
- Support Aircrew post Flight De-briefs as required.
- Train RSAF personnel in the role of Supervisor.
- Must be educated to ONC/HNC level or recognised equivalent or have relevant experience supported by formal, recorded workplace applied related training.
- Must have completed a recognised aircraft engineering apprenticeship in industry/military or similar qualification in aircraft systems.
- Must have previous Typhoon Armament Systems experience with a formal ‘Q’ annotation.
- Must have comprehensive post qualification experience of military fast jet maintenance support, within an operational military flying environment.
- Good level of interpersonal skill and the ability to communicate, influence, deliver and supervise consolidation training to assigned RSAF personnel.
- Previous Supervisory experience gained in a Military environment.
- An understanding of engineering operating procedures.
- Previous experience of delivering work place training.
- An understanding of ESS or similar electronic based reporting system.
The post holder will have the following background:
- Ex-military or industry experience of serving on an operational military flying unit.
- Good working knowledge of the Typhoon Armament Systems.
- Experience of working in the aviation industry in a Gulf Coast Country preferred.
- The ability to act upon their own initiative within the scope of their job.
- A conscientious approach to work and meticulous attention to detail is also required.
- Ability to deliver and supervise consolidation training activities to engineering personnel.
- A track record of meeting strict deadlines without compromising standards and quality.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed. On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.
Life at BAE SystemsWe’re a skilled, diverse, collaborative community of over 90,500 people, creating some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace, marine, land, and security solutions. We value the creativity and innovation of a diverse and inclusive team, and trust and empower our people to thrive, no matter what their background or experience.
Read what colleagues past and present have to say about life at BAE Systems.
Want to know more?
Diversity, equity and inclusionWe want everyone here to feel valued and empowered to thrive. Who you are should never define what you can do. We believe when you bring together different people and different perspectives it inspires creativity and drives innovation. It helps us fulfil our purpose and it’s integral to our culture. Everyone is heard and respected here.
Learning and developmentIf you’re curious, hungry for more responsibility, and prepared to step out of your comfort zone, there are endless opportunities to grow with us. At every stage of your career our first-class training, coaching and development programmes, role models and mentors will help you embrace your potential and take the next step.
Reward and benefitsGreat work deserves benefits that go beyond your salary. Whether it’s health, wellbeing, or financial security for you and your family – our flexible benefits help you focus on what’s important to you.
Want to know more?
Diversity, equity and inclusionWe want everyone here to feel valued and empowered to thrive. Who you are should never define what you can do. We believe when you bring together different people and different perspectives it inspires creativity and drives innovation. It helps us fulfil our purpose and it’s integral to our culture. Everyone is heard and respected here.Discover moretrending_flat
Learning and developmentIf you’re curious, hungry for more responsibility, and prepared to step out of your comfort zone, there are endless opportunities to grow with us. At every stage of your career our first-class training, coaching and development programmes, role models and mentors will help you embrace your potential and take the next step.Discover moretrending_flat
Reward and benefitsGreat work deserves benefits that go beyond your salary. Whether it’s health, wellbeing, or financial security for you and your family – our flexible benefits help you focus on what’s important to you.Discover moretrending_flat