Job title: Project Accountant
Location: Remote – We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Project Accountant within the Project Accounting team, you will support the delivery of timely, accurate and insightful project financial information to business and finance stakeholders. You will support business stakeholders as part of the Project Accounting team to ensure that accounting and reporting of project performance is efficient and effective.
· Support the delivery of project accounting financial processes.
· Project set-up – develop good understanding of IFRS15 revenue recognition to support the set-up of new projects and appropriate use of accounting structures to optimise financial information.
· Project forecasting – support the financial forecasting process for projects.
· Orderbook – support the monthly orderbook reconciliation process and associated analysis of backlog and secured revenue profile.
· Project trading – ensure the process for using project forecasts to inform the trading of project revenue and gross margin is followed and support review and validation with business stakeholders.
· Reporting and analysis – support the delivery of insightful financial reporting of project performance using the SSR and other reporting mechanisms as appropriate.
· Project closure – ensure project housekeeping is performed so that old projects are closed in a timely fashion.
· Management and Project Accounting – support month-end process to create project and business area P&L, BS and Cash Flow.
· Management Reporting – support creation of first draft financial / management reporting for use with business stakeholders.
· Budgeting/Forecasting – input historical financials into financial models.
· Cash flow and Management – work with stakeholders to ensure bills raised in a timely manner; support business stakeholders to drive cash collection.
· Financial Control – support reconciliation of order book, project and business area financial reconciliations (e.g. balance sheet, SSR) as appropriate.
Your skills and experiences:
· A willingness to proactively identify issues/areas of inefficiency.
· A passion for delivering excellence.
· A willingness to approach new challenges with curiosity and share ideas.
· Be bold and innovative in the approach to problem solving.
· Genuine interest in what Digital Intelligence does and enthusiasm for working closely with stakeholders to build business knowledge and support business performance.
· Actively studying towards an accounting qualification or seeking to do so, with a desire to learn ‘on the job.
· An interest in working across multiple legal entities and with a variety of currencies, to develop an understanding the associated FX risks and intercompany accounting.
· Ability to work effectively with others both individually and as a team.
· Challenge effectively – be prepared to approach tasks with curiosity and ensure the desired outcome is understood.
· An understanding of FPM and IFRS 15 revenue recognition.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The BAE Systems CORDA team:
At BAE Systems CORDA, we combine analytical capabilities with consultancy skills to support our customers across the defence, security and transport sectors, and our colleagues in other parts of BAE Systems. Our high-impact insights make the difference for our customers, whether it’s enabling battle-winning capabilities, developing novel technological concepts, or driving business performance.
CORDA is part of Digital Intelligence, which is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
29th November 2023 – We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Life at BAE SystemsWe’re a skilled, diverse, collaborative community of over 90,500 people, creating some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace, marine, land, and security solutions. We value the creativity and innovation of a diverse and inclusive team, and trust and empower our people to thrive, no matter what their background or experience.
Read what colleagues past and present have to say about life at BAE Systems.
Want to know more?
Diversity, equity and inclusionWe want everyone here to feel valued and empowered to thrive. Who you are should never define what you can do. We believe when you bring together different people and different perspectives it inspires creativity and drives innovation. It helps us fulfil our purpose and it’s integral to our culture. Everyone is heard and respected here.
Learning and developmentIf you’re curious, hungry for more responsibility, and prepared to step out of your comfort zone, there are endless opportunities to grow with us. At every stage of your career our first-class training, coaching and development programmes, role models and mentors will help you embrace your potential and take the next step.
Reward and benefitsGreat work deserves benefits that go beyond your salary. Whether it’s health, wellbeing, or financial security for you and your family – our flexible benefits help you focus on what’s important to you.
Want to know more?
Diversity, equity and inclusionWe want everyone here to feel valued and empowered to thrive. Who you are should never define what you can do. We believe when you bring together different people and different perspectives it inspires creativity and drives innovation. It helps us fulfil our purpose and it’s integral to our culture. Everyone is heard and respected here.Discover moretrending_flat
Learning and developmentIf you’re curious, hungry for more responsibility, and prepared to step out of your comfort zone, there are endless opportunities to grow with us. At every stage of your career our first-class training, coaching and development programmes, role models and mentors will help you embrace your potential and take the next step.Discover moretrending_flat
Reward and benefitsGreat work deserves benefits that go beyond your salary. Whether it’s health, wellbeing, or financial security for you and your family – our flexible benefits help you focus on what’s important to you.Discover moretrending_flat