Procurement Group Leader -Business Partner
Job title: Procurement Group Leader- Business Partner
Location: Warton or Samlesbury
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £52,084+ Dependent of skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
There are multiple Business Partner roles working across FalconWorks or F35 to deliver the procurement requirements across the breadth of the business. In all roles you will interface across the Air Business and with other teams and functions including the Procurement SDU and the various project and functional teams. Depending on the role you may be required to:
- Capture, refine and potentially influence the requirements for Airframe commodities for the project; working through Airframe commodity leads in the Procurement Value and Performance SDUs to source and supply the required parts and materials in line with schedule requirements
- Have oversight of procurement activities within the ATS business vested within FalconWorks and its sites at Towcester and Filton. Cover procurement activities within those businesses and explore broader opportunities for maturing of the procurement operating model, including utilisation of the Procurement SDU. Ensure appropriate commercial arrangements are in place with suppliers and the business succeeds in the delivery of its programmes through its Supply Chain support
- Support a team which Project Manages the delivery of critical USP Procurement Items to Production and Sustainment customers across Airframe, Equipment and DLF hardware commodities
- Lead integration aspects across the portfolio of programmes, including supporting new business opportunities, providing a vital interface into the business and leading our procurement response to those opportunities. You will integrate across the business to ensure business management, reporting and governance of our programmes.
- All roles will require some travel to various BAE Systems’ or Suppliers’ sites as and when required, some may include overseas travel
Your skills and experiences:
- Excellent collaboration, communication and building relationships with key stakeholders
- A Continuous Improvement mind-set with proven examples of identifying new ideas that drive improvement and problem solving
- Development of procurement strategies
- Ability to compile complex data, analyse and propose recommendations through reports and presentations
- Previous experience of managing/working within early lifecycle programmes gained in a Procurement/Supply Chain environment
- Previous experience of managing strategic Customer (internal) relationships
- You will have or be working towards MCIPS or have a similar professional qualification or hold a degree in a business related subject (e.g. Economics, Business or Finance)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Procurement Team:
The job holder(s) will be required to work alongside stakeholders across FalconWorks or F35 and also with the procurement teams to develop and deliver integrated strategies and solutions across a range of programmes, opportunities and projects.
Additionally, the role holder(s) will integrate across the business to ensure reporting and governance of our programmes. This will include looking at how we can operate in a continuously improving environment and adopting agile and effective ways of working whilst assuring how we work.
The role holder(s) will also be involved in specific projects or opportunities, making important contributions to the build-up of relevant cost, risk and opportunity information for the project, aligned to Lifecycle Management and bid clearance processes.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 27th February 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Life at BAE SystemsWe’re a skilled, diverse, collaborative community of over 90,500 people, creating some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace, marine, land, and security solutions. We value the creativity and innovation of a diverse and inclusive team, and trust and empower our people to thrive, no matter what their background or experience.
Read what colleagues past and present have to say about life at BAE Systems.
Want to know more?
Diversity, equity and inclusionWe want everyone here to feel valued and empowered to thrive. Who you are should never define what you can do. We believe when you bring together different people and different perspectives it inspires creativity and drives innovation. It helps us fulfil our purpose and it’s integral to our culture. Everyone is heard and respected here.
Learning and developmentIf you’re curious, hungry for more responsibility, and prepared to step out of your comfort zone, there are endless opportunities to grow with us. At every stage of your career our first-class training, coaching and development programmes, role models and mentors will help you embrace your potential and take the next step.
Reward and benefitsGreat work deserves benefits that go beyond your salary. Whether it’s health, wellbeing, or financial security for you and your family – our flexible benefits help you focus on what’s important to you.
Want to know more?
Diversity, equity and inclusionWe want everyone here to feel valued and empowered to thrive. Who you are should never define what you can do. We believe when you bring together different people and different perspectives it inspires creativity and drives innovation. It helps us fulfil our purpose and it’s integral to our culture. Everyone is heard and respected here.Discover moretrending_flat
Learning and developmentIf you’re curious, hungry for more responsibility, and prepared to step out of your comfort zone, there are endless opportunities to grow with us. At every stage of your career our first-class training, coaching and development programmes, role models and mentors will help you embrace your potential and take the next step.Discover moretrending_flat
Reward and benefitsGreat work deserves benefits that go beyond your salary. Whether it’s health, wellbeing, or financial security for you and your family – our flexible benefits help you focus on what’s important to you.Discover moretrending_flat