Maintenance Support Team Leader
Maintenance Support Team Leader
Location: Taif, Saudi Arabia
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF and Royal Saudi Naval Force personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons.
BAE Systems Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudisation and the training and development of Saudi National capability through the growth of the Saudi National Partner Companies thereby reinforcing Industrialisation and Partnerships.
The function of the Maintenance Support Team Leader is to oversee, co-ordinate and manage the engineering and technical aspects encompassed in Forward Operations (Fwd Ops). The Team Leader will provide management, leadership and direction to Maintenance Operations, Life Support, HMSS and Trials Management & Planning sections, ensuring that day-to-day liaison between Fwd. Ops, the Engineering Functions and the RSAF Squadron Commanders is carried out and all stakeholders have a clear understanding of any Engineering aspects that could affect Fwd. Ops activities.
- In addition the Maintenance Support Team Leader will be responsible to the Typhoon Operations Manager for the collation of contractual statistics on behalf of the Company ensuring all required statistics and information are promulgated within the required timescales and available for all stakeholders when required
- Ensure effective management of Safety, SHE and Quality Assurance across all Flight Operations related activities, including compliance with all related regulations, policies and procedures
- Understand the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and how the IBP impacts on the Business objectives and be able to convey to the team how their respective roles align with the overall Business plan.
- Ensure that the maintenance aspects of Flight Operations are led, developed and motivated to ensure they are aware of and capable of meeting their accountabilities.
- Ensuring compliance with all governance requirements of the Operational Framework including; ITAR, planning, monitoring, change control, control of budgets.
- Work across many levels of the Salam Operation including external and internal Customers and Suppliers; from Director level down
- Management and delivery of the Engineering Support Functions to tailor fit and meet the needs of the company and the demanding requirements of the RSAF
Ensuring that all continuing airworthiness and maintenance activities conducted within his Area of Responsibility are carried out in accordance with current processes and procedures by appropriately authorised, qualified and experienced personnel
- Managing the needs and expectations of the Sqn’s pilots, including the Sqn Cmdr’s, on a daily basis thus ensuring they are always aware of Engineering updates or issues, Management issues, Aircraft Mission Capability implications and Forward Maintenance restrictions that may otherwise adversely affect the flying programme or company contracted targets
- Liaising with the TSC key stakeholders on all relevant Typhoon technical issues on behalf of the Sqn Cdrs and reporting back to them with the findings
- Managing the Compilation of aircraft statistics for Flying Hours, Airframe Usage and Ground Aborts for presentation at the request of Maintenance Managers, Fleet Managers and Typhoon Operations for the daily, weekly, monthly & annual Service Performance
- Presenting technical systems briefs to the Sqn pilots as and when requested
- Act as the Maintenance single point of contact to manage and interface with outside agencies such as Thales, Leonardo, AASC and AEC, as well as RSAF Squadron Commanders, RAF/MODSAP, Rolls Royce, Operations, TSC and PC
- Assist in the management of RSAF trials, evaluation and verification flights
- Proven management and leadership ability in a high-tempo aircraft maintenance delivery and engineering focused environment
- Should be educated to Degree level in Engineering (BSc) or recognised equivalent or have relevant experience supported by formal, recorded workplace applied related training
- Must have successfully completed a recognised aircraft engineering apprenticeship or similar practical aircraft maintenance training programme delivered by a NATO air force or approved aircraft maintenance training provider
- Extensive proven post qualification experience of military fast jet maintenance support or engineering support, at a certifying position
- Extensive experience working as a Line, Rects or Engineering Operations Controller on a fast jet aircraft squadron
- Experience of working within an Air Operations environment with a knowledge of flying programme management
- Ability to influence and direct the decision making process with senior PC stakeholders and RSAF Squadron Commanders
- Must have extensive aerospace and defence company / industry knowledge, managing significant and diverse projects to time, cost and quality
- Capable of working independently or as part of a larger operational team under extreme pressure and to tight operational timescales
- An understanding of company processes and procedures
Proven experience within the aerospace engineering industry preferably gained on Typhoon aircraft Training in aircraft structural integrity preferably on military aircraft An understanding of Typhoon future capabilities An understanding of RAF and /or RSAF engineering operating procedures
- An understanding of Typhoon Fleet Management, Flying Hour Commitments and aircraft Fatigue
- Significant understanding of BAE Systems Saudi Arabia business.
- Significant political and cultural awareness in areas relating to BAE Systems Saudi Arabia business
- Expert networking and communication skills used at a senior level with governments, customers, suppliers, partners and sub-contractors
- BAES SA Export Control and Compliance
- Ability to work independently and to effectively prioritise according to operational requirements
- Excellent Communication skills including the ability to adjust for a required audience.
- Understanding and application of the LCM processes
- Substantial management experience in a Flight Operations type environment
- Leadership, delegation and team building skills for effective people management
- Maintenance of inter-team dependencies across suppliers and customer boundaries
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions. We employ a skilled workforce of 89,600 people in more than 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture, and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.
Life at BAE SystemsWe’re a skilled, diverse, collaborative community of over 90,500 people, creating some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace, marine, land, and security solutions. We value the creativity and innovation of a diverse and inclusive team, and trust and empower our people to thrive, no matter what their background or experience.
Read what colleagues past and present have to say about life at BAE Systems.
Want to know more?
Diversity, equity and inclusionWe want everyone here to feel valued and empowered to thrive. Who you are should never define what you can do. We believe when you bring together different people and different perspectives it inspires creativity and drives innovation. It helps us fulfil our purpose and it’s integral to our culture. Everyone is heard and respected here.
Learning and developmentIf you’re curious, hungry for more responsibility, and prepared to step out of your comfort zone, there are endless opportunities to grow with us. At every stage of your career our first-class training, coaching and development programmes, role models and mentors will help you embrace your potential and take the next step.
Reward and benefitsGreat work deserves benefits that go beyond your salary. Whether it’s health, wellbeing, or financial security for you and your family – our flexible benefits help you focus on what’s important to you.
Want to know more?
Diversity, equity and inclusionWe want everyone here to feel valued and empowered to thrive. Who you are should never define what you can do. We believe when you bring together different people and different perspectives it inspires creativity and drives innovation. It helps us fulfil our purpose and it’s integral to our culture. Everyone is heard and respected here.Discover moretrending_flat
Learning and developmentIf you’re curious, hungry for more responsibility, and prepared to step out of your comfort zone, there are endless opportunities to grow with us. At every stage of your career our first-class training, coaching and development programmes, role models and mentors will help you embrace your potential and take the next step.Discover moretrending_flat
Reward and benefitsGreat work deserves benefits that go beyond your salary. Whether it’s health, wellbeing, or financial security for you and your family – our flexible benefits help you focus on what’s important to you.Discover moretrending_flat